We at Bookscotland Ltd are committed to ensuring your personal data is safeguarded whilst in our care. We aim to be open in relation to how we hold and process your personal data. All information within this statement applies to our system that you will access when booking.
We reserve the right to amend our Privacy Statement and would advise that if you wish to be kept up to date on the statement that you visit this page regularly.
You can at any time contact us for a data request in relation to the information which we hold for you.
What Personal Data will Bookscotland Ltd keep on you?
We will keep the following information:
- Your name;
- Your contact details, email and telephone number
- Arrival/departure dates
- Number of people travelling in party
- Names of all individuals involved in the booking
- Property owners name and contact details
- Terms and Conditions and Policies
- Property details
- Any awards or memberships you currently hold
- Guest reviews
- Property owners bank details
Why will we collect your information and What do we plan to do with it?
Your information is required in order for you to book through our system. Furthermore, we shall, from time to time, provide you with information on our latest offers and products etc.
What Third Parties will we share your data with?
- The relevant accommodation provider
- Third party payment company ‘Stripe’
- Third party marketing company ‘Kuka Studios Group’
- ‘Bookster’ which is our online booking system
How do we look after your Data?
We shall put in place procedures to prevent any unauthorised access or misuse of your data. Bookster and Bookscotland Ltd will be responsible for processing all personal data on their system.
For what reason will we collect and use your Data?
- To Reserve Accommodation We require information in order to secure the accommodation that you wish to book through us. We will also require to send you emails to advise of any amendments to this.
- Customer Service This service will be provided via an online section of our system
- Payments All payments shall be taken through our third-party site called Stripe. You shall be able to pay your full balance immediately or a deposit to secure your booking. Should you have any monies outstanding prior to departure, you shall receive an email to confirm this. Our system shall allow you to manage your booking online should you wish to do so.
- Marketing Details will be given to third party Kuka Studios Group.
- Legal Requirements If there is a Regulatory Body doing an investigation and we are legally required to provide them with information, then we may need to hand over your personal data to them. We shall ensure that they have requested this lawfully.
How will we share your Data with the Accommodation Provider?
In order to secure your accommodation, it is understandable that we shall require to transfer details to them as follows:
- Name/contact details
- Number in party
- email address
- dates of travel.