See all photosNightly
Sleeps four in two bedrooms, one of which can be set up as double or a twin (default setup). Please specify when booking.
1 (apt 10) Parliament Square is located in a very prestigious building on Parliament Square, opposite the Edinburgh City Chambers (local Government Offices) on the famous Royal Mile and adjacent to the magnificent St Giles Cathedral. This luxurious 2 bedroom, second floor apartment commands excellent views of the famous Royal Mile and the City Chambers. Located in the very heart of Edinburgh's historic Old Town and only 300 metres to Edinburgh Castle's entrance.
The apartment is only a few minutes walk from many other major Edinburgh attractions such as the Royal Scottish Museum and the National Gallery of Scotland located on the Mound at its junction with famous Princes Street. There are also a copious amount of restaurants, cafés, bars and shops in the immediate area. This holiday apartment is furnished and decorated to a high standard and is a very comfortable base for your visit to Edinburgh and Scotland. Guests who have their own laptop can also enjoy a free broadband connection either through the supplied cable or by wifi. Connection throughout the apartment.
This spacious room consists of two comfortable sofas and two soft chairs , a mahogany coffee table is centrally placed for drinks. There is a dining table suitable for six people and some smaller items of furniture and lighting features. There is a gas coal effect fire which provides additional warmth to the gas central heating and creates a wonderful ambience in the room.
A widescreen lcd smart TV with approximately 105 digital channels, a separate blu-ray DVD player, a digital radio, ipod docking station and CD player are available for entertainment.
The kitchen is located just off the main lounge area (see floor plan). It has a window with a southerly aspect. It is equipped with a fridge/freezer, electric cooker, microwave oven, washer/dryer, dishwasher and cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils for up to six people.
BEDROOM 1 (ensuite)
This is a very spacious double bedroom with a window overlooking the historic Royal Mile. A 6ft (1.82metres) wide super king-size bed with two bedside tables.This room is also equipped with a digital radio and ipod docking station. It has original working wooden shutters to shut out the world to ensure a good night's sleep. This room has an ensuite shower-room and toilet with wash-hand basin and shaver point.
The second bedroom also has a view of the historic Royal Mile. It has 3ft (0.91 metres) twin beds (default set up) that can be assembled as a super king-size bed. Please indicate your preference during the booking process. There is a storage cupboard in this room for hanging clothing. There are also working wooden shutters in this bedroom.
The bathroom includes a toilet, wash handbasin, a bath and a shower over the bath. A shaver point is also available.
* All gas & electricity costs are included in the rental.
* Linen and towels are provided, For bookings 10+ nights the change of these are included in a free service of the property, for more frequent servicing please contact email@example.com for a quote after booking.
* A modest amount of complimentary tea and coffee for arrival.
* Ironing facilities and a hair dryer are provided.
* Daytime street parking is available but is expensive, various longer term parking solutions can be suggested. (However, overnight parking is free from 6.30p.m. to 8.00 a.m. Mon-Sat, and free parking is available all day Sunday).
* The airport bus drop off point and Edinburgh's main railway station (Waverley) are approximately 250 metres away.
* No smoking is allowed within the apartment.
* pets not allowed.
* We regret that this second floor flat will be unsuitable for some people with disabilities as there are only stairs.
* No lift is available.
A "meet and greet" service is operated , whereby you will be met at a property at a pre-arranged time to give access. Full instructions of this procedure can be found in the secure guest area after a booking has been completed. It is very important that an approximate arrival time is provided before arrival for this process. Entry is from 14:00 onwards but if nobody has booked to depart on your day of arrival it will probably be very suitable for us to give you entry as early as possible. Departure is by 10am (a guaranteed late departure up to 20:00 can be obtained for 50% of that daily rate. Please contact us if you want to utilise this facility and a price will be calculated).
Please note that arrivals after 19:00 will incur a range of late arrival fee.
**LATE ARRIVAL: fees, 19:00 - 22:30 - 15 pounds, 22:31 - 00:00 - 30 pounds and 00:01 - 02:00 - 50 pounds. The latest access can be given is 02:00, otherwise it is given at 08:00 the next day. ESC accept no liability for any costs involved in alternative accommodation for this 6 hour period.
A deposit of 25% is payable on booking and the outstanding balance of the rental price must be received 2 months prior to your arrival date. For bookings made less than eight weeks before your arrival date the whole rental price falls payable at the time of booking. Please note that a separate 200 pounds refundable key/security deposit must be provided prior to arrival. This is rescinded 2 days after departure.
1 x kingsize double, 1 kingsize zip 'n' link double that can be split into twins (default setup is twin). Please request during booking process if you require both as doubles.
This 2nd floor property can only be accessed by stairs, there is no elevator in the building and therefore may be unsuitable for persons with mobility issues.
There are three options to get from Edinburgh airport to the city centre, all take approx 30-35 minutes. The main rail station Waverley is approx 250 metres from the apt.
1. Edinburgh trams, approx every 8-10 mins (Sunday 12-15 mins), right outside terminal, the nearest drop off point for the apt is the Princes St stop which is approx 500 metres away. Cost 8.50 pounds for adults and 4.50 pounds for children for a RETURN journey.
2. Airport express bus, every 15 minutes right outside terminal building, drop off point on Waverley Bridge approx 250 metres from apt. Costs 7.50 pounds per person for a RETURN journey.
3. Taxi, many can be found right outside the terminal building and will cost 15 - 20 pounds for a one way journey. However a taxi will drop you off right outside the property you have booked.
Street parking is enforced 7 days a week 08:00 - 18:30 Mon - Sat, 12:30 - 18:30 Sunday, it is very expensive and inflexible as you can only stay in one spot for a few hours.
There are many city centre car parks to choose from, you can use these for a short time or full days which cost approx 16 - 25 pounds or more or enter the postcode of the property you have booked into this website http://www.parkopedia.co.uk/
Alternatively if you do not plan your use your car much, (Edinburgh is a relatively small city centre and is much better explored on foot), You can also consider the park & ride options Edinburgh has here :-
Please note these sites have different operators and some have restrictions on the duration a vehicle can be left, please check each specific site description for accurate details & information.